So did it ever occur to you that winter is a season of death? My mother died. January 2nd.
In 2007, Kibbin's mother died on December 3rd. In 2009, his grandfather died December 9th. Great poets and writers all across the world have seen winter as the death of the world. I'd like to know if actual human casualties rise in winter months.
I put away my deep sensitive soul. It's not gone, it's just in a box in a dusty corner of my heart. Like your favorite piece of jewelry you have to stop wearing once you stop clubbing and dancing and bar-hopping and have to start working in a cubicle and attend business meetings.
Is this how all humans die? Are there only a few live people out there? Or am I utterly alone with this madness that is slowly washing over me, like a tide at midnight.

It's not madness, and it's not death. It's just grief, and you need to give yourself time to feel it. You *will* feel alive again someday. Your heart just needs time to adjust.
ReplyDelete