September 16, 2010

Butterfly

Last weekend on my anniversary trip with Kibbin I had to drive down a rural highway to get to the apple orchard. On the way I hit 7 butterflies with my car. I didn't think it would impact me much, but I almost started crying after the second one. They are so innocent and beautiful, and the symbolism of running them down was almost too much to bear right then.

I saved a honeybee, too. It decided to land on the bag of apples I was carrying, and normally my instinct is to scream bloody murder and either chuck the bag away or plead with Kibbin to kill the offending insect. This time, though, I remembered that honeybees are dying from an unknown disease and that they rarely sting due to the lethality. So I actually offered it my finger, it crawled on to my hand, and I let it off on an apple tree. A tender moment to cherish life, in my opinion.

I've been furious with my dear husband lately. It seemed he didn't want to spend time with me. However, we had a long conversation, my voice was raised and promptly lowered, a tear was shed, and finally we took a shower together and I forgave him. This happens a lot.

Yesterday and today I didn't want to get out of bed. So I didn't. This is the only perk of being employed part-time and taking your college courses online. The ONLY perk.

Lately I've felt like a female lion. The male only comes around for sex and to keep the other males away. Eh. Grawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment